Friday 22 May 2015

Pastures new

Yesterday I headed north by car to pick my daughter up from St Andrews in Fife. There's never much to say about long car journeys but I was delighted to meet Robert Butter here at the border.

Robert, from Holland, had just climbed to the Northumberland border with Scotland from the north and was then heading to Newcastle before taking a westerly course for the English Lakes. His bike setup reminded of my own Land's End to John O'Groats epic in 2010.
johnnygiant-lejog4samaritans.blogspot.com/

I had everything I needed to complete the 1300 mile route, including walking gear to scale the 3 Peaks on the way and the bike was as a consequence incredibly heavy. A far cry from the TCR? Maybe.

Anyway, safe journey Robert (the Bruce) Butter. No giving up. TO be fair, he didn't look like the kind of guy who was gonna do anything of the sort, but I couldn't resist regaling the story of the his near namesake, since this cahnce meeting on the borders of Scotland.

Robert if I confused the heck out of you, I apologise.( Look up Robert the Bruce and it will all be clear.)

No comments:

Post a Comment