Sunday 25 January 2015

@PedalRevuk

Some mornings it just ain't happenin' and you have to drag your a@@ out of the house and onto the road. It always gets better from then on and if you can't do that, then 2500 miles is never going to happen.

It was a beautiful sunny morning and I made up my route as I went, changing my mind about which way to go as I came to each junction. Steadily increasing the distance to Thetford and my half way cup of tea.

The great thing about working for the Out of Hours service and training, is there's always somewhere in the county to drop in on, catch up with friends and colleagues and have a warming drink.

Since things were hotting up at home and the boys were kicking off, I took the direct route up the A11. On a Sunday it's quiet enough and fast.

Averaging over 20 all the way back, I was beginning to flag as I drew toward Wymondham when I was caught by one of the Norwich, Pedal revolution, Sunday ride groups on their way back from Diss. I've never done group riding and choose to make training as realistic as possible by doing all the work, but I have to admit that it was really fun to be with other people for 20 minutes and am tempted to join them once a week. It's fun. have a go.

55 miles for the day.
Total 430.

No comments:

Post a Comment