Thursday 11 June 2015

Evening rides and preparation. 3500 miles in.

With Aberystwyth in my sights for next weekend I'm slowing down a little and will not cycle any long miles this weekend. The planned route for the weekend of the Summer solstice is about 600 miles in total. About as long as the first leg of the TCR planned from midnight, July 24th and the first few days of the race.

Since last Saturday's 157, I have clocked about another 90 miles, and am just approaching the 3500 miles of training mark. My average for the 163 days since I started now up and over 21 miles a day. By the time I return from Wales...all things going my way, this will have jumped to 25 miles every day since 31st December 2014. That had better be enough, because I'm not sure where I'm going to find the time to do lots more than that.

I have the bike set-up exactly as I want it and am looking forward to testing out the bivi-bag and light weight summer sleeping bag somewhere amongst the Welsh borders. I apologise in advance Mr Farmer, but I shall be in a hedge near you. Please don't mistake me for a badger or worse still a fox, since my shelter is red!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the 8 contributors to my justgiving page. In total rasing £210 so far, which says a lot for their generosity. Please do join them in supporting this very worthwhile cause and don't forget to get the kids geared up to follow my little dot. Dot number 35 in 42 days time.

No comments:

Post a Comment