Sunday 16 February 2014

I'm not ready

But then who would be with months to go and was resurfacing after a fortnight with a stinky cold?

I have resisted the temptation to train whilst unwell, though toward the end of my brief convalescence I was beginning to feel frustrated and guilty. Instead, I did something far more worthwhile and went to see my Dad.

Admitted to hospital a couple of weeks ago he is being extremely well looked after and was pleased to see me. That smile of recognition is worth any number of miles and the little juggle of children and carers back home.

Unlike me, his face lit up when I produced the little jar of prunes from my mother.

I digress.

Today, I met up with Steve, (Whom I recall I said I would introduce you to some time back,). Suffice to say that I contacted him through Explorers Connect. http://www.explorersconnect.com/

I have had it in my head to row a boat across the Atlantic for about 10 years, probably more. It won't surprise anyone that children and family and responsibility' were collectively too much inertia for my conscience to overcome.....at the moment, but Steve and I got our heads together and another blog, http://transatlantic2017.blogspot.co.uk/ tells the story as far as it went.

Anyway, back to the present.

So having had a short forced break from training, I popped to the gym last week and completed an hour of fairly strenuous turbo training that was at least akin to cycling in the middle of the summer, if only due to the stifling heat and lack of air in the room. either that or I was actually working quite hard. Either way, I came away thinking, heck, this is going to be hard work.

Funnily enough after 60 miles from Swaffham to Burnham Deepdale and back today, I found myself considering the same sense of trepidation. 200 miles a day is going to be HARD WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment