Wednesday 7 May 2014

The Big 200 Part 2 and the missing Ribeyes

Alzheimer's SocietyFrom Diss where I met the family for lunch, I headed to Thetford and called in on the crew at the Healthy Living Centre. Thank you Dr H for your very generous sponsorship, very much appreciated. Sorry to everyone else if you came into work later expecting to find a full biscuit tin!

Although it can sometimes be a busy road with lorry traffic, the route through Thetford Forest to Mundford was quiet for a bank holiday weekend and it is quick. the same was true for the remainder of the miles to 125 by the time I reached the A10 just north of Downham Market and the Hardwick roundabout in King's Lynn.

At this point I have a huge public apology to make to Steve. Steve, I have mentioned is my erstwhile adversary. He got me into this race since we had previously been planning to cross the Atlantic together. (Plans on hold.)

Anyway, I pitched up just as he and his partner were about to sit down to ribeye steak lovingly prepared as a welcome home to Steve who had been working, sorry walking hard in the Peaks. Being polite, they invited me in for tea, leaving their uneaten dinner in the front room.

We chatted over tea and packets of salty crisps, (for me) until it was noticed that the dog, who is normally always by Steve's side, was AWOL!

I guess we'll be having salad for supper then. Guys, I am so sorry. Next time I will call you first. Thank you for the tea and crisps and for the duel that lies ahead.
www.justgiving.com/john-bakewell

No comments:

Post a Comment